First day of work !

/ Thursday, October 6, 2016 /
First and foremost I would like to thank my wonderful husband Azhar for fixing my laptop which had been dead for almost 4 years. I think ever since I left uni, I've abandoned this laptop for the longest time and the battery got swollen ? Common MacBook issue I heard. So I've sorta procrastinated in getting it fixed. Azhar kept pestering me to make an appointment at Mac centre in the city, well, I would have done it a lot quicker if the slots for an available technician service didn't take another 2 months to book. Like seriously.

So Azhar, being the geeky techie that he is, googled how to fix it, did it, and now its fixed ! woohooo, hello you lovely white thing you. lol. feels so good now to be blogging in the comfort of my own laptop (not shared with Azhar) (not that it matters) (maybe a little bit) hahaha.

Anyhooooooo,

Guess who had an awesome first day at the office today ?

Well it started off pretty dramatic. I dragged myself out of the bed, literally in tears, showered, and sulked about how dreadful my day will be without Hamza. And how Hamza would SO miss me, and SO want milk and all that jazz. I knew he was going to be all tantrum-y, cranky.

My brother sent us off to work. I gave Hamza the biggest kiss I could, and off they went. Azhar walked me to the lobby, and I told myself to just suck it up, and take it easy.

Ok long story short - I then met everrrryone at the office. I forgot how nice it was being amongst adults, or people of almost my age or maybe more, whatever, people NOT babies, and it was soooo nice to be able to have a decent conversation with someone after what, 13 months ? I mean, not like I've been stuck with just Hamza for the past 13 months, we do have our casual gatherings with our friends and stuff ,but this was different. This, was just so nice. I remembered who I was before being a mom, and I loved it. I missed Hamza of course, but I also missed adult-ing. Does that make sense ?

Like for once, full on 8 hours straight I didn't have a crying baby hugging my legs wanting to be breastfed. hahaha.

But of course, when the day was about to end, I missed Hamza even more, and then I was all like " okay I wanna be a mom again now,"

LOL.

Anyway, I think it works well cos I'm only working 2 days a week. And its a good start to ease the separation. Oh by the way, Hamza was perfectly fine without me. Dodi gave him milk, played, put him to nap just fine, he woke up alright, bathed, went out for a drive, and was all a good boy for his uncle. YOU DIDNT HAVE TO MAKE IT TOO OBVIOUS HAMZA. I know, deep inside, he really missed me, but he just didn't want to show it to everyone.

But anyway, I had a good first day. It was nice seeing familiar faces, friends and doing something else for a change. but I think thats it though. I can only do 2 days of this. I still think my days with Hamza are crucially important. Especially watching him grow.

Lets pray this grows into something beautiful.

1 comments:

{ Adeera Azman } on: October 10, 2016 at 5:01 AM said...

Welcome back to the paperwork world Mummy !

Post a Comment

About

 
Copyright © 2010 my two cents ;, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger