playgroups

/ Wednesday, February 15, 2017 /

so long story short - I knew you could have guessed that in the end, Hamza was pulled out from childcare. The end. haha.

He, however has been the happiest boy that he is. Babbling is baby language away, talking god knows what about, and is more showing interest on playing, doesn't mind as much being around other kids. which is all good.

I sometimes feel like in our current world that we live in, with the internet and so many information that we could grab off with a click, it gets way too confusing sometimes being a parent at this age. Theres way too many articles on how to raise a kid, a good kid, a kind hearted kid, a smart kid, a considerate kid, and articles on how studies have shown perhaps flashcard at an early age could ruin a child's long term attention span, or how, having too much playtime could mean that your kid will end up being rebellious. I mean, I don't know, I'm just throwing random things, but seriously. How on earth do we manage with this influx of information.

so torn into whats the right thing to do, whats the best way to approach this method, and then you find the 10 reasons why the approach you did is gonna end up ruining your kid. Like seriously, what has the world become! parenting is so hard and so pressuring enough with social media - then all these articles pop up - and here I'm like, okaaaaaaay, so what do we really do then ??

I was never a fan of playgroups simply because I just hated the idea of hamza mixing with kids that were rough and uncontrollable. yes - you read that right. im one of those paranoid moms who perhaps if I could, would wrap him in a cocoon and protect him from everything and just not let anything hurt or scar him. of course - that isn't great parenting either according to some parents.net website because his a kid, a human, and the best for them to learn is to experience things, and how do they experience things ? BY LETTING THEM GO.

haha.

I dreaded the idea so much, but then a friend of mine text us the other day, asking if we were interested to join a craft and sensory session at a play centre. and as heavy as my heart was, I knew we needed to start somewhere, and so we agreed and went. 45 minutes of messy, sensory play, it looked so fun, the tools and crafts were all ready for them to play with, and when the session started, I saw a different side of hamza.

he stood in the middle of the group during song introduction, and was clapping and swaying away. and before the fascilitator gave the green light to start playing, he was already gone playing.

there were other kids around, but they weren't rough or harmful. they were just being kids, and I guess it made me feel better because each kid had their moms with them. so it wasn't really and after all !

I realised that I wasn't the only paranoid mom too. other moms were as nervous as I was, scared that their kid might hurt or bite some other kid, and I totally forgot how rough hamza can be too ! so heyyy, hamza needs some training as well. lol




0 comments:

Post a Comment

About

 
Copyright © 2010 my two cents ;, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger