where did my baby go ?

/ Thursday, March 9, 2017 /

I used to hear it a lot. Back then, I wasn't even married, I hear moms saying it almost all the time, ' ah they grow so quickly, ' or ' where did the time go?'

Hamza is alhamdulillah, 18 months now - closer to the "terrible two" period that I've been dreading. I mean, I knew it was coming, but I never expected it to come way too soon. Haha. Sharing stories with other fellow mummies with more experience than I am, some even say " it gets worst sometimes, but its a phase, you'll be okay, "

I think I'm quite blessed in the sense that I have lots of mummy friends with older kids and I befriend moms at the office with kids already in uni, it'll be my favourite small talk topic while we make our coffees. " is this normal ? was yours like that too ? " and it always feels nice hearing things like, " they'll get over it Zyra, just really take it slow, and be patient. you'll miss him being small and cuddly"

And boy, were they right.

Hamza used to be all quiet and apprehensive with things around him. I think at such an early age we figured out that he was a bit of a reserved boy, curious but careful. And I loved that about him. I didn't need to worry about him climbing or crawling all over the place because numero uno - he was too scared to do it anyway.

Now - he's still apprehensive, but LOUDER. Oh, way louder than ever. If you don't pass him the cutleries on the table he saw, SCREAMS. If you don't pass him the ketchup bottle that he wants to throw - SCREAMS. If you tell him, ' its bath time! ' - SCREAMS. Like he went from one extreme to another.

From this quiet little boy to this LOUD little monster  toddler that he is.

I knew what it was the minute it happened. It had started, and oh my God, I was praying so hard that I'd be spared from it, but terrible two symptoms doesn't discriminate. You can have the most apprehensive, well behaved Bub from the start, and you may still end up having to deal with this drama.

Yes and yes, you get all this books and articles telling you this and that, oh how the world is making sense to him now, and how he doesn't know how to express himself properly when he's too tired, or how frustrated he gets in this BIG BIG World that makes him nervous and the list goes on.

SO MANY METHODS or id call it " strategies " thrown in the air for what to do when a toddler throws a meltdown because of reason number 436 - nothing prepares you for that feeling of frustration when they start doing it because of reason 436 or 255 or hang on could it be 195?? WHO THE HECK KNOWS right?!

so wait, so when its not those numbers above, so which strategy really do I apply to this undefined situation? haha

as far as I've been, if you can't beat them, you join them.

no really - cry all you want mamas. it helps. but not infront of him, away from him. get it all out and come back to him when you're done dealing with your frustrations! haha

I should invest in earplugs, because these eardrums are gone. don't entertain the drama. I've done this 95% of the time, and it takes wayyy long for him to stop his screams and exaggerated shrieks and yelling - but boy do I see the difference. I can tell when his cry is real, when its not real, when its half there and half not. and im sure you can be able to tell it too :P

I mean seriously, whats life without a little bit of chaos? kids aren't robots, and asss muchhh as it is challenging to deal with his tantrums, I love our chaos everyday , and I know ill miss it even more when he's older, married, has kids and doesn't live with me anymore.

I just pray for a little more patience everyday, and that the end result of this chaos, I'll inshallah end up raising a happy, confident young man who is kind to himself and others. and hopefully he could look back in say that he had the best of childhood :)

x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About

 
Copyright © 2010 my two cents ;, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger