NEW BABY !

/ Tuesday, August 15, 2017 /


Before anyone jumps, I'm talking about my new MacBook Air that Azhar bought himself ( read: me ) as a reward for his achievement in the past year. Of course being the amazing hubby that he is, he instead wanted me to be rewarded of this joy as well and replaced my good ol Giselle ( MacBook White ) that have been very loyal to me for the past 6 years. 

I've finally upgraded guys! hehe..so okay, we're sharing this together, but he knew it was gonna be mine more than it will ever be his, hehe. And what a way to keep this blog alive ! I'm so excited!

We also had our morphology scan yesterday and yes, you read that right. We are expecting baby no. 2 soon ! And guess what ! It's gonna be another boy. I was ecstatic when we found out the gender, for some weird reason I knew I was gonna somehow be a mom to boys. It was just in me. But along with the differences of this pregnancy compared to Hamza's, I was convinced then, it was going to be a girl. 

I have had no major morning sickness ( alhamdulillah ), I was very worried about that part as I knew it was gonna be double the challenge this time with Hamza around, but I was spared from that. I do feel a lot bigger than I was with Hamza early on, my complexion was off, I had redness and acne popping out,  it was crazy ! 

But despite all of that, I still am most thankful for no morning sickness. I think because when I carried Hamza, I could hardly function. I was on bed all day, vomiting 9 times a day, and I was just depressed more than anything. I'd hate to be all that with Hamza around, as I'm his primary carer on most days. Azhar still travels a lot.

What I am thankful about these days is how involved both Azhar and I are with our babies. I can't say this enough, but I am so blessed to be granted a hands-on partner in my motherhood journey. Although he hardly is around a lot, but when he is, Masha Allah, he helps a lot. Maybe not with cooking and cleaning, and to some this may sound petty, but nappy changing can be a lot to deal with when you're carrying. Doesn't help with the fact that I have really bad pelvic pain with this one. 

I got thrown off one time when a friend commented to Azhar out loud the other day, when Hamza did a number two, saying that's not your responsibility. Like saying, Azhar is a man. And men don't get their hands dirty? So nappy changing isn't his duty? So what was his duty I wondered? Just contributing his sperm and the rest of it that involves the upbringing of our child is history ? Hello?

I got quite upset when I heard that, when was it ever just a mother's job to do all the cleaning, and washing, and cooking. I find that this view very disturbing and unislamic.

Aisha, the wife of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), was asked, “What did the Prophet (ﷺ) use to do in his house?” She replied, “He used to keep himself busy serving his family (كَانَ يَكُونُ فِي مِهْنَةِ أَهْلِهِ) and when it was the time for prayer he would go for it.” (Bukhari)


I grew up with a hands on dad for as far as I could remember. I remember many days of me coming back home from a late night out with mum and dad, and dad would be the one brushing our teeths, he cooked when we were maid-less and grandma-less and mom-less cos mom had work or was away. I remember dad washing my hair in his room once, haha I forgot why. but it was so nice.

Being blessed with boys in Shaa Allah, I am aware of this huge responsibility on my shoulders in shaping and moulding my boys to be helpful, hands-on men, to our family and one day to their own respective households. 

Helping your wife, mothers with household chores is a neglected sunnah, and I wish to revive that by instilling these values to my boys as much as I can, in Shaa Allah.

I pray for Allah to bless helpful husbands in our households, and shower them with more rezq and barakah in life. Make their challenges easy and uplift them in times of needs.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

About

 
Copyright © 2010 my two cents ;, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger