mixed ;

/ Wednesday, March 7, 2018 /

a lot of you are wondering how im coping having two boys to care for now. i've been really blessed and lucky to be able to say that i dont really know how it feels like - YET, because ever since i gave birth to Umar, i've always had someone with me. It started of with my confinement lady ( Kak Zana ) whom we flew in from KL to care for me for a good 2 weeks. The BEST 2 weeks of my life postpartum bahaha. I've learned the hard way from healing after i had Hamza, i didn't take confinement life seriously, cheated my way here and there, oh the consequences were just horrible. I had aches all the way til i was carrying Umar.

Alhmdulillah all that sorted.

Anyway, then i had Dad with me for close to a month. 3 weeks to be exact. He had his big crossfit league competition here, which was nice and inspiring to watch. I wonder if i'll ever get that strong one day. One day, hopefully. We've got a New Zealand trip that we're planning for, both Azhar & I are pretty stoked about the whole plan , but also admitted that we do need to be a lot lot lot more fitter. Our fitness level currently is probably sitting at negative 3.

Especially since after Dad left, my mil (mama) is here to be with us for another good month. The only problem I have with mama is that she cooks amazingly great homecooked meals, and ive been eating a heck load, and i told Azhar he better eat up as and request all his fav dishes while his queen is in town, because once she goes back... well we all know what happens when she goes back. bahahaha.

i tell myself to get more organized everyday. i kinda have a routine set with the boys, which is all good and exciting. but there are days where my timings a bit off, like usually in the morning, when i wake up - Azhar would already be up and would have fed and changed Umar's diapers, and he would already put Umar down for his morning nap. I wake up and have breakfast with Azhar and mama. Then Hamza would wake up not long after, if im lucky, i get to shower him straight away. if not, he would probably play for abit so ill wash Umar up first and get him cleaned.

If its raining, I send Azhar to work. But most days he'd either cycle or bus it, so if he does that, once hes gone, id then wash Hamza up. Once hes washed, i let him chill and watch Little Baby Bum ( we've been very picky with what he watches, Baby Bum is the cutest nursery rhyme show ever, we love it ! ) so when he does that, id quickly jump in the shower after throwing some laundry in the washer.

Once done - id dry out the laundry, this is my chill time usually. Tire Hamza out and feed Umar, whichever and whoever needs me first. Come lunch time we eat lunch ,usually whatever is left overnight from dinner, or if not, anything easy i can make. And thennn, i put Hamza down for his nap. If im lucky, (which, these days i find quite challenging), Umar naps at the same time. This is when i do my cooking for dinner. Cook, sort the clean laundry, clean the kitchen or whatever that needs to be cleaned, when one of them wakes up, i feed, or if its Hamza, i then keep him busy with painting or reading ( whichever he wants ), most days we play ball when its not wet outside, and then Azhar comes home, we eat dinner, he keeps the kids occupied, i clean the kitchen up, clean the boys up, and off to bed!

The cycle repeats itself. This is all considering if we don't do park days and see other friends, but im guessing once its just me and the boys, Hamza needs to start seeing his tribe again. which are mainly Huda's kids which i love cos theyre these amazing bunch who are just so adventurous and creative with their playtime. i miss our park days but its been wet and gloomy most days.


Anyhoo, so there you go. Life with two. The work multiplies, but i havent been doing much cooking OBVIOUSLY, cos mama does them for me and its so pleasant to have her around, i almost dont want her to go back but im sure she misses her other kids and grandkids too, so we'll just enjoy having mama around while shes here !

Til then

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About

 
Copyright © 2010 my two cents ;, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger